Happy Birthday to me! :) I love birthdays. It's one day a year that (can be) all about you. My birthday is my own personal holiday, and since I've started working in "the grownup world" I've tried my darndest to not work on my birthday. So thankfully I was able to get today off work.
Nothing extravagent planned, but that's fine with me. I get to relax (and do homework/study) and then have a fun dinner planned tonight with friends. Perfect day.
So in honor of beginning my 25th year I have a list of 25 (quite random) things for you today. A kind of "catch up" and random thought day! (**Warning, picture heavy post!**) Enjoy.
1. As I said above it is absolutely imperative (maybe a little extreme :) ) that I don't work on my birthday. Getting to wake up this a.m. and cuddle with these two fur babies... perfect
2: In honor of fall and other cute things these pinterest boards: Cinnamon & Spice Sweet Comfort - - holy yumm. Fall Recipes - -again holy yum. And this Too Cute - - because for real most of the pictures/posts are too cute.
3. Change! I am going to be moving back home in approximately 2 weeks. Crazy!! which leads to...
4. A new job! I am very sad to leave my amazing co-workers and crazy but normally fun-filled days with OhioHealth, but am excited for new opportunities and a chance to save a little doh (aka pay for school) while living at home. I will be working for a PT company called OptiHealth in Findlay and BG.
5: This blog post about being happy with where you are now. Refreshing and a good message to just enjoy the day. I needed this after a weekend of busy and stressful thinking about school and all to come in the future.
6: Two of the cutest little boys I know. I believe my life would be much duller without them
7: This story that circulated the internet several weeks ago about a 96 year man writing a love song for his wife of 75 years who had recently passed away. Such a touching love story and great video<3
8: I get to see THIS guy this weekend! Can't wait!!
9. NOT (hopefully, fingers crossed, any other voodoo you believe in) spending my birthday in a neck brace.
Haha... Hoping for a much more subdued 25 compared to 23.. And my older brother isn't in town to save the day anyways ;)
10. My third cutie-patootie nephew, who I believe is going to make one crazy triad with the two rugrats in just a couple years
11. Race training!! My last race was in May and I've been thinking about wanting to do another one, and my friend Heidi talked me in to doing the Hot Chocolate 5k with her in November! Yesterday marked 8 weeks from race so today is the start of training. I'm hoping to improve my time (I can stay pretty consistent at a slower 10 min/mile pace) so I have my plan on my calendar and ready to kick butt! Here. We. Go.
12. I had an awesome and busy summer that I planned on blogging about (but surprise, surprise) I haven't yet ;)
13. One of the adventures was a trip to VA with my Mom and Sister Danielle to visit my middle sis Alicia! We spent an extended weekend there and had a great time visiting and exploring places around VA and D.C.
14. Going back up to reference 3&4, I am going to miss Columbus. I have lived here for the past 5 years and have loved it. There is still so much in this city to experience and maybe someday I'll get to come back to live here to do so!
15. Schoooool! School is back is session. *Think excited, nervous, and stressed all at the same time* This quarter has a lot of classes that are outpatient/orthopedic based and I love it. I have 4 classes, 3 of which have pretty intense lecture and lab portions, but here's to hoping for a good quarter!
16. Another almost week-long adventure/stay-cation in August. Dust and I got to spend almost an entire week together hanging out and doing things around columbus. It was lots of fun and quite relaxing.... can I go back?
17. This video of two cats trying to play "patty-cake" hilarious.. just watch it.. do it.
18. The new garmin watches. I want. But I certainly don't need. I got my garmin just 2 years ago and it has a lot of life left it in which is very good for my wallet, but I still can't help but drool over the pretty colored bands and colored screen of the new ones.
19. Feeling the love from friends and acquaintances old and new. Seeing all the Happy Birthday's on facebook, texts, etc from everyone makes me think of all the good times I've shared with them. It's just nice to feel the love some days :)
20. Dustin always being able to make me smile and make my day better :) Just got a knock on the door and delivery of the prettiest flowers. I am the luckiest girl in the world.
21. Ooooh.. New Tea and Beer! I went to world market (dangerous idea) yesterday and got two new teas and a "pick your own 6-pack". The teas are: Hot apple cider tea (caffeine free to enjoy on cool fall nights before bed and Cocoa Coconut tea. Super excited to try the chocolate one, I already had the apple cider last night :) And of course couldn't leave without grabbing a 6-pack of all different pumpkin/fall beers.
22. Referring back to #5, another great post, faith-filled about being more present and happy with where you are. I'm constantly thinking about whats to come, planning, listing, everything and these posts/reminders are great for my soul.
23. Getting to spend a weekend with Dust's Family celebrating his cousin's wedding. It was a gorgeous weekend and a great time!
24. And according to my mom I am "a half of century" :) She got her terminology messed up when my middle sis turned 25, and I just can't quite let her live it down yet ;)
25. Whew! I made it! 25 things for 25 years... Can't believe how time flies. Here's to hoping the next 25 are just as good (the 25 after that, and 25 more if I'm lucky!). Thank you to all who are in my life, you shape who I am and the person I strive to be. I can't imagine my life without my family and friends and don't want to. So Cheers! to everyone and I hope you all have a fantastic day also!
Peace & Love,
P.S. And because I love pictures and I have the most amazing family and friends here are a very random compilation of pictures from the past couple years :)
Hi! My name is Brittany. Welcome to my little corner of the blogosphere, it's constantly a work in progress :)