A lot has gone on and changed in the past almost three years since I last posted. There's no way to truly catch you up on everything (way too many words and time to put in a blog post!), so I'll just give you a brief synopsis by way of bullet points - and not all chronologically ordered - just how they came to me.
* I've moved three times (one ~500 miles to the east coast)
* I did finally purchase Becoming a Supple Leopard by Kelly Starrett. I actually waited so long to decide to buy it he came out with an updated second edition and I got that one
* I graduated with my Doctor of Physical Therapy degree
* I got a job working with a specialty in Pelvic/Women's Health (that I love)
* I got married
* I'm now much closer to 30 than 20
* I had an absolutely perfect baby boy (insert shocked and excited emoji face)
* I started working for a Skincare/Beauty company based out of California, called Beautycounter, trying to get safer skincare for everyone
* I got two more wonderful nephews (for anyone who's counting that's now SIX grandsons for my parents)
* I started crossfitting
* I have not ran a race in over a year ... but am still "just running with it" ;) as I make my way through my crazy, wonderful life.
I certainly have not given up on running or races. I've just been in a very different stage in my life for the past year and a half and that has not included running or races - and I'm perfectly okay with that. I've been getting the itch to run a race or triathlon recently, so who knows, it may be in my future (but with fall starting, it'll probably be a bit for either type of race). I also am honoring my body and healing after giving birth and not rushing in to any exercise or activity too quickly,so there's that to go along with it.
Inhope to make blogging a more regular part of my week. I'm not sure the exact direction I want to take this little space of mine. Maybe part lifestyle, part Pelvic health PT, part recipes I try, part who knows. No matter, I'm excited to see where it goes and I hope you are too.
Currently.. I'm filled to the brim with school-work and work
Currently.. I'm reading textbooks but wish I could buy/read Becoming a Supple Leopard by Dr. Kelly Starrett (a Doctor of Physical Therapy), I've followed his blog some in the past (when it was completely free), but haven't recently. I would like to read his new book, but I think it's going to have to wait.
.. This poster explains my thoughts exactly.
Currently.. I'm trying to follow these words, but I'm a work in progress.
Currently.. I need to go practice a little yoga a go to bed (I'm procrastinating). This is a goal pose of mine and I won't get there if I don't practice ;)
I don't have a source for this photo so if anyone knows of it let me know!
Currently.. I'm loving reading (almost) daily from this, this and this blog
* The Real-life RD
* Nutrition Nut on the Run
I tend to switch between which blogs I read "regularly" but these 3 I've read consistently for over a year and I love them. Great knowledgable ladies who write very well and give great ideas for fun, eats and exercise. Perfect. Check them out!
In particular Robyn (a Registered Dietician) writes amazing posts on eats and proper nutrition health facts. Her posts are so refreshing when so often everywhere you turn some new "health craze" is telling you how many calories you should have and what you should or shouldn't have in your "diet".
Currently.. I'm super thirsty. I guess I needed to drink more water today
Currently.. I'm also writing out special tests for the leg/lower extremity, I'm absolutely loving my musculoskeletal class this winter. Awesome teacher. Awesome class.
Currently.. I'm practically giddy over getting to see my man tomorrow <3
Currently.. The space heater in my "office" at my parents house is amazing and makes me not want to leave the room
Currently.. I'm repeating these 4 (three?) words to myself because tomorrow needs to be a productive day.
And on that note I must head to bed. Goodnight world :)
Hi! My name is Brittany. Welcome to my little corner of the blogosphere, it's constantly a work in progress :)